Improve Your Business
Convergence Data provides the knowledge, tools and services to help you tackle the challenging task of cleansing your legacy data. If your data is a mess, you can’t find items to re-use or your purchasing team cannot group similar items to achieve volume discounts or lower inventories; then you may need our help.
- Client provides data in batches by commodity group – cleansed in 4 week sprints
- Convergence harvest missing data from documents and websites against a new data model
- Data is normalized and validated against data model
DVA Data Value Analysis
- Customer provides supplier and pricing on one commodity purchased across businesses – e.g. motors
- DVA report is created describing saving potential based on spend rationalization and reduced new part requests
- Approved data exported to PLM and ERP systems
- Enhanced search make it easy to find and re-use preferred parts
- New part creation workflow manages part requests
- Procurement rationalizes spend with preferred vendors – higher volumes lower pricing
How we help you
Our Products and Services
Our Customers and Partners
Frequently Asked Questions
What value can our company expect from Classification project?
The value for classification extends across functional groups. Engineers can find parts more easily. Sourcing can manage their purchasing spend better with better pricing and less suppliers. Product management can sell more service parts online with better part descriptions.
What value can we get if we just classify new parts?
Setting up a part governance program that requires all new parts to be properly classified including entering attribute data is a start. This will stop the bleeding with what is creating the data quality issues. To allow your engineers to find existing parts or assist sourcing with managing direct material spend, you will need to classify your legacy data as well. Start with the high priority part groups first to drive the most value.
What do we need to provide as input the Classification process?
To obtain the most value early in the project, start with your purchased parts. You will just need the Manufacturer’s name and part numbers to start the process. If you don’t have this information, have your suppliers provide it.